Sunday, April 10, 2011

My hubby's birthday

If you couldn't guess by the title, Sterling had a birthday this last week. I'm a little slow blogging about it, but here we go. We've been trying to eat healthy(-ish) recently. (It's only kinda working). And Sterling said about a month ago that he didn't want a cake because it didn't match our definition of 'healthy'. So, I figured I'd find an alternative that was a little healthier than chocolate cake. Here's what I came up with.
Fruit pizza!! I know, right! Isn't it pretty? And boy was it good. It's super easy to make too. The only thing about it is if you want a variety of fruits, you need to shell out a little money if things aren't in season (like they're not in April). But that's okay. He's worth it.

We figured it qualifies as 'healthy' because it's a high anti-oxidant dessert. The amount of fruit at least counteracts the sugar cookie base, however, I think the cream cheese under the fruit might make it a little un-healthy. Oops.

I didn't want to have to go out and buy 27 candles, so I just put two candles on one side and seven on the other. I thought it worked pretty well. However it will only work one more year if I keep buying a box of 10. I also got trick candles. I have a video of it. It was hilarious to watch. When I bought them I had Cami in mind since she enjoys blowing out candles (she helped Austin with his cake), but Sterling seemed to have more fun with it. Go figure.

Don't feel obligated to watch the movie. It was more enjoyable for me than I think it will be for you.
 

This was the kids after his party. Cami's shirt was dirty and Austin climbed out of his pants. Between the two of them though, they have a full outfit on.

After cake Sterling got his presents and we watched one of the movies that I bought him. I think he had a good birthday. He's never told me otherwise.


Happy Birthday Sterling! I love you!

2 comments:

Carlson Family said...

Fun!!! I enjoyed watching Sterling - and Cami applauding. It made me smile. The fruit pizza looks wonderful and is making me hungry. Thanks for sharing!

James and Melony said...

so i looked at this blog at 7:30 this morning and the fruit pizza had me salivating.....mmmm...sounds so good....happy birthday to sterling :)