Monday, December 12, 2011

Part Two: Cami's accomplishments

Here's the other part I promised.

I'm absolutely THRILLED to announced that Cami is 100% potty trained!!! It's wonderful! We put her in 'big girl' panties last week on Wednesday and she had one accident that day, one over night, and one the next day where she pooped in her panties, but since then she's had none!! She'll tell us when she has to go and usually doesn't need to be prompted. Today she successfully pooped in the potty, so I can safely say that it's 100%!

Every other parent that I've talked to that has gone through the potty training experience has told me that it's all up to the kid. You have to wait until they're ready. And when they are ready, then it will happen. I've been trying to encourage her for a long time, but it's never worked. She just would not do it. And now, finally, she's ready! It's so nice to have only one child in diapers again! Austin hasn't show any inclination towards even wanting to sit on the toilet, so I'm not pushing it.

Cami's other accomplishment this week is one that I'm not at all thrilled about, but it makes me laugh nonetheless. Cami discovered the art of cutting Austin's hair. :) I left my crafting scissors on a table where she could reach them and got them up in the morning. I was getting them breakfast and Cami comes in, holding something out for me. I take it and quickly realize that it's a large chunk of Austin's hair. Fantastic. When I looked closer at his poor head, I discovered this.
Sterling cut Austin's hair just about a week before and was very proud of his 'Marine haircut masterpiece'. We haven't yet fixed Austin's hair, just too lazy, though I'm sure we'll have to soon. I'm just grateful that Cami hasn't yet cut her own hair, though that will surely come. I remember pictures of my childhood attempts to trim my own bangs. Quite the disaster.

I'll end with a few other pictures I've taken since we've been here in New York.

Can you spot Cami?

How about here?

Showing off mom's accessories. So cute!

2 comments:

James and Melony said...

Landmarks of parenthood I guess - potty training and self hair cuts :)I just can wait! (yes, I purposely left off the 't :) )

Carlson Family said...

Hey Erika! I didn't see this posting before Christmas, so didn't know to look at Austin's haircut. But you must have fixed it as he looked normal to me.

I loved the "Where's Cami?" pictures! You should put together a book of that kind of thing. So cute!

Looking forward to Christmas blogs! I'll do the same soon. Love you!