Friday, September 6, 2013

First day of school

I don't feel old enough to have a kindergartener. How old am I? How old is Cami? Old enough for school apparently.

Yesterday was her first day of school. It was only a half day and I got to go with her, which was fun. She has a wonderful teacher! And I think she's going to have a great time learning. There's only 18 kids in her class. 9 girls and 9 boys. It'll be nice and small.

This morning she climbed on the bus for the first time. Completely alone. I think I'm going to cry. Fortunately the girl next door is also starting kindergarten this year at the same school. So they'll be able to sit together. Unfortunately, they didn't get the same teacher.

So, off my little girl - who's not so little anymore - goes to school. Now I get to spend more time with just my two boys.


6 comments:

Kalista said...

I feel the exact same way! Addy just started Kindergarten this year as well, and I still can't believe it! You are lucky its just a half day, Addy's school starts at 7:20 and ends at 2:15. Seven hours is a long time for a five year old!

Kalista said...

P.S. She is super cute!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Ohhh I LOVE the school bus picture! One of my favorite bittersweet sights no matter how old they get. Your big girl will have so much fun!

James and Melony said...

That's a cute post! How exciting :) I'm with Krista, I love the last school bus picture. Too cute!

Carlson Family said...

How wonderful all these pictures are! I know how hard it was to see her get on the bus all alone. But that last picture of a happy, excited, confident little girl makes it all worth it!!!

Erika said...

She's been doing great so far. Likes her teacher, comes home with fun stories. I'm glad she's happy. And it actually is all day kindergarten. The bus picks her up at 7:30 and drops her off at 3:30. Long day for a little kid. For the first week or so I'm going to put her down for a nap when she gets home.