Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oral Surgery

Well, it's finally going to happen! I'm getting oral surgery done on Thursday! Yes, I realize that's not normally something to get excited about. But in my case, it'll be great!!! This coming Thursday at 8AM I am going in to get veneers!! I'm so excited!! I thought about posting a before and after picture but vetoed the idea because I really don't like my teeth (hence why I'm getting veneers). For those of you who don't know what they are, veneers are a porcelain cap for your teeth. It simultaneously whitens teeth and straitens them, enlarges or shrinks them all at once. Many people get them who have less than perfect smiles. The dentist will shave off about 1 mm from the front of each tooth and then seal the porcelain cap on top of it. They're doing at least the top 8, maybe 10 teeth. It'll be nice to have a pretty, white smile for once in my life. I'm maybe just a little nervous about them actually shaving off my teeth, something that will be completely irreversible, but I've always been a little self-conscious about my smile, so I think it'll be worth it. This Thursday they'll actually just be putting on a plastic covering while the sculptor is making my porcelain veneers. I'll post pictures once I get it done and later, once I have the porcelain caps, I'll post comparison pictures as well. I'm super excited and will be sure to keep updates on here.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Well I can't recall anything about your smile that you need to be embarrassed about but getting veneers is exciting! I can't wait to see how they turn out.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

AAHHH whoa I didn't know you were doing this! Oh wait... it's Thursday... so it's already done! I should call you. I'm the worst sister.

Wendi said...

Where are our pictures you promised. I can't wait to see the new you. It is like over a full week later almost 2.

James and Melony said...

Hey girly how did it go? Also, did you get the email from my mom about the wedding pictures? Ah heck I'll just text/call you :) Love ya!