Monday, June 28, 2010

Tickets

I'm one of those people (like most of you out there) who feel like they never win anything! Well, I can't say that anymore. One of our local radio stations (The Cowboy 104.3) has been giving away tickets to a midnight showing of Eclipse. And the other day I was driving home down the freeway and I heard their little cue-to-call, so I gave it a shot, like I have many times before, and I got through. I was so surprised. Unfortunately it was just a recording that said: You are caller number 4, please try again. So, I immediately called back and somebody answered. I WON!

I got four tickets to the midnight premier. It's tomorrow night and I'm so excited. We're having our neighbor come over and stay with our kids so we can go. Sterling's brother and his wife are coming with us since I know they're big Twilight fans.

When I talked to Sterling later he told me that the stretch of highway that I was driving on at the time was exactly where he was driving when he won rodeo tickets a year ago on the radio. Hmm.. Must be a lucky stretch of highway. For those of you in Utah, it's on Southbound I-15 between the point of the mountain and Thanksgiving Point. Watch out for it. It's a lucky spot.

I'm super excited to go. It should be great!

3 comments: