Friday, September 23, 2011

Third birthday

Yes, I know I said I was going to post yesterday, but things got busy. I don't need excuses, I'm a mother.

In June, Cami and I were able to go to Lagoon's Family Day with my brother-in-law and his wife and their little girl, Beca. We went mainly for the kids, so we didn't go on many adult rides, but we had a good time anyways.

When we first arrived, we went to Lagoon-a-Beach, but it was so cold that neither of the little girls lasted very long. So we dried off and went on rides instead.
 We took Cami and Beca on a dinosaur ride that drops you (like the Rocket, only miniature) and to a Haunted House ride, as well as on Puff the Magic Dragon roller coaster. Through every single ride, Cami maintained a very bored look on her face. On Puff she even cried because she was just so tired. Tired! Not afraid. Tired! I'm hoping she'll enjoy roller coasters when she gets bigger because Sterling and I love them.

My sister-in-law, Alisha's, sister Jamie was working there at Lagoon, so we stopped by her ride (in Kiddie Land) and rode it several times. It was this one.

I think the girls both had fun, but it was so hard to tell. I think they're still a little young to really appreciate all this. But it was fun just to watch them.
  
 In July, Cami turned three!! I echo the comments of every parent that I can't believe it's already been three years. We traveled up to Midway where my family was staying for her party and when we got there, were greeted by this.
It says 'Happy Birthday Cami'. So sweet.

My sister and her two girls had undertaken to decorate the sidewalk for her.I didn't do any sort of theme for her, apart from the princess cupcakes I bought. We also had a cake for those who don't like chocolate (shocking, I know, but there are people - weird people, I might add - in Sterling's family who just don't like chocolate).
It was fun to have both sides of the family there. The kids made a mess with their cupcakes and Cami got to open all her presents. We got some great gifts from everyone.
 
 
Happy Birthday Cami!

3 comments:

James and Melony said...

I love how she's looking like a Daddy's girl - the baseball caps :) rather than bows. So cute! Happy Birthday - belated yes, but still happy!

Mari said...

Ha ha, I have to admit my favorite part of this was, I don't need excuses, I'm a mother. It's so true.

Wendi said...

Congrats on getting into PA school!