Friday, November 14, 2008

New addition to our little family

Meet Buddy. Buddy's a little beagle who came to live with us for all of two and a half days. There was a big adoption fair in Lindon and I'd been pestering Sterling for a playmate for Sadie for a long time, so we got another dog. He was really sweet and didn't bark, but he and Sadie just didn't hit it off like I'd hoped. Also, those of you who've had dogs before will know the whole deal that a new dog goes through, the whole 'getting-used-to-my-knew-owners-so-I-whine,-jump-on-their-furniture,-and-have-an-accident-even-though-I'm-house-broken' thing. We put up with it with Sadie when we first got her, but neither of us wanted to put up with it again. So Sterling took him back to the shelter and, of course, right after that I got a call from someone who saw him on craigslist. They wanted to buy him. He was a sweetheart, but we just can't handle two dogs in such a small apartment right now. Between that and having our first dog and a new baby, I just don't have the energy for it all. Hopefully he'll go to a good home though with someone who does have the time and energy for him. Good luck Buddy, wherever you are!

1 comment:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Oh dear I don't know how you thought you wanted to bring yet another Chore upon yourself right now! Brave brave girl. Buddy is very cute but for your sake I have to say I am glad he has moved on.