Thursday, October 23, 2008

For Halloween

In honor of the season, I thought I'd post a list of Halloween trivia that I got from my father-in-law. There's 31 questions, one for every day of the month. I only got about 5 of them on my own. Let's see how you do, and no cheating and looking the answers up on the internet. I'll post all the answers later.

1. Witches are commonly known to have this skin problem
2. Sabrina the Teenage Witch debuted in 1962 as a cartoon spin-off of what popular teenage trio?
3. Don Knotts is mostly known for his role as Barney Fife on “The Andy Griffith Show.” However, he made a scary/comedy movie in 1965 in which he played Luther Heggs, a typesetter who was challenged to spend a night in a haunted house. What is the name of this movie?
4. Marvin Lee Aday is the real name of this well-known rock star, who also appeared as Eddie the ex-delivery boy in the “Rocky Horror Picture Show”, singing “Hot Patootie”. Who is he?
5. Robert Lewis Stevenson is famous for writing what novel, which is said to represent both the good and evil sides of humanity?
6. In 1962 Boris Karloff recorded what well known Halloween song?
7. What is the name of the High School where the movie “Scream” takes place?
8. Werewolves are known to come out when?
9. One all-time classic thriller is Alfred Hitchcock’s “Psycho”. What is the name of the hotel that stands in front of the owner’s home?
10. Ghostbusters came out in 1984 and still has many fans. Which of it’s main stars co-wrote the movie?
11. This monster is also known as Metch-Kangmi and supposed to walk and haunt the Himalayan peaks.
12. In 1966 TV viewers were introduced to a new form of soap opera called “Dark Shadows”. What city and state did this take place?
13. Freddy Kruger played by Robert Englund terrorized teens in this thriller.
14. What is a monster with one eye called?
15. Charlotte and Emily Bronte are sisters. They also both wrote classic novels; Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. Which of the two is considered a thriller?
16. In 1978, Jamie Lee Curtis joined the scream queen club when she starred in this horror movie.
17. Edgar Allen Poe wrote a dark poem about what kind of bird?
18. A ghost that pulls pranks is called a _____?
19. “Elvira” is played by Cassandra Peterson. Is she a witch or a vampire?
20. The classic 50’s song “That Ol’ Black Magic” was originally sung by which blue eyed crooner?
21. The leading male role in “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” was Brad. The same actor plays a mayor on a television show today. Who is he?
22. What silent screen star is known as “The Man of a Thousand Faces” because he played several different monsters in early horror movies?
23. Gaston Leroux wrote this famous novel about a ghost that resides in a musical theater.
24. Bodies that are wrapped in cloth and stored in tombs are called ______?
25. William Henry Pratt is the real name of this famous actor who is best known for his role as Frankenstein.
26. The movie “Silence of the Lambs” is considered one of the scariest movies ever made. What two movie stars play Clarisse and Hannibal Lechter in this picture?
27. This actor starred in movies and a few popular TV series. One of them was “Highway to Heaven” in 1984. However, the movie that got him noticed was in 1957 when he played a werewolf. (“I was a Teenage Werewolf”). Who is this actor?
28. Frankenstein is based on a novel written in 1818 by a woman. True or false?
29. The early Tarzan movies featured an actress named Maureen O’Sullivan as Jane. Her daughter grew up and starred in the thriller “Rosemary’s Baby”. What is the name of this actress?
30. What classic actor is well known for his roll in many early horror pictures including “The House of Wax” (1953); “The House of Usher” (1960); and “The House on Haunted Hill” (1958)?
31. On Halloween, this charity collects money to help children.

2 comments:

Cami said...

I am interested to know the answers to these! I think I know 10 1/2 but I'm probably guessing wrong on some! haha

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Ooh! Ooh! I am so excited.

1. warts!
uh... that's pretty much all I know...
5. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (okay... I have to admit that I did have to cheat and consult my "Complete Works of Robert LOUIS Stevenson" on this one, but I figure... the fact that I OWN a complete works of Robert Louis Stevenson entitles me to this right. I can't believe I didn't know he wrote that! I just knew he wrote Treasure Island.)
8. full moon!
11. The abominable snowman
14. cyclops (rats, I'm getting all the easy ones...)
15. Huh? I think they BOTH could be thrillers! However, Wuthering Heights has more death.
17. Quoth the raven, "Nevermore!"
18. Poltergeist
19. I pick vampire
20. FRANK!!!
23. The Phantom of the Opera
24. mummies
26. There is more than one version of this movie; however, Jodie Foster and oh dear... that scary guy... play in the most recent. I do know his name...
28. True, and she was only 16.
31. March of Dimes?