Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cause for celebration!

A few things have happened recently that I haven't posted yet and I feel horrible about it. So, I'm going to do it now. Here we go:

April 6th was Sterling's 25th birthday! He's a quarter of a century old! Happy birthday honey! Sorry I didn't post anything for you sooner. We had cupcakes instead of a regular cake cuz they're easier to share. I finally managed to surprise him with a few of his gifts, he usually manages to find out what I'm going to get him well before I give it to him. He can't just let me surprise him, ever! But he's wonderful anyways. I love you honey.

On May 1st, my best friend Melony got married. She and I have known each other since our freshman year at BYU when we lived in DT (Deseret Towers - now torn down) across the hall from one another. She and James got married in the Draper Temple. I haven't gotten pictures of that yet, so this will have to do. Congrats you two and good luck in your new life together!

About a week later, my brother Scott got his mission call! He's going to the Taipei Taiwan Mission, Mandarin speaking. David, one of my other brothers, gets back from Kaohsiung, Taiwan in about a week. Wow, time really flies. Congrats Scott! We're all so excited for you!
And finally, my sister and her husband just (June 11) celebrated their fifth anniversary! Five years of wonderful marriage and two gorgeous little girls to show for it. I wish we were still moving out to Virginia. I was looking forward to living close to you. Maybe someday. I love you both!

4 comments:

James and Melony said...

I took that pic of sterling didn't i? oh wait, maybe not - i just thought I did because of Alpine :) ANNNNNNDDDDD - I'll be getting CD's of the wedding pictures so guess what I'll be making for yoooooouuuuu??? heehee - just go online and pick out your favorites besides all the ones that you and your family are in. Those are givens. pick the ones of us that you like and I'll make you a cd ok? love ya!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

I love that picture of Sterling! Congrats to Melony!!! She looks so cute. And that guy looks like exactly the guy I would have picked her to marry. And thanks for the shout-out for our anniversary!!! That is the *only* celebration we have done. We haven't even gone out to dinner!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

PS I forgot to say I LOVE your background! You found one like your wedding colors!

Erika said...

That actually wasn't even my intention when I picked it; I just really liked the look of it. I realized it later that those were our colors.