Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rearranged

There's something truly satisfying about rearranging furniture. It just makes a room feel new again. It always makes me happy. Usually when I do this I'm on my own, huffing and puffing as I struggle to move large items (like the TV stand - not fun, or the mattresses - I've broken things trying to manhandle those). Fortunately for me, this time Sterling was around to help. He, somehow, managed to move our two ton piano from the wall where the little couch is now, to the other wall. I was very impressed. It's really heavy! We also had to rehang the pictures because they wouldn't fit where we had them before. We not have about a half dozen new holes in our walls.

I've enjoyed this set up because it makes it feel like we're in a new place - even if the kitchen, bedroom, and office are all exactly the same. The living room at least feels a little different and it's a great feeling!

1 comment:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

You MOVED THAT PIANO???? I'm so impressed. I think actually Tara & I moved it from its present location to that wall where you moved it from. I mean, I'm pretty sure the two of us didn't move it... I think we got some tough guys to do it for us. Wow, that shows how long it's been sitting there!