Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Feeding time

The other night I was busy working on something on the computer, so I thought I'd let Cami feed herself some mashed up pasta in tomato sauce. Normally I'd just do it myself and use a spoon - something Cami doesn't seem to have mastered quite yet, but I was just feeling far too lazy that night. So, I stripped off her clothes and stuck her in her seat in nothing but her diaper. Here's the end results and my just desserts for my lethargy.

I cleaned her off with a washcloth as best I could, but ended up having to give her a bath anyways. When I took off her diaper, I saw she somehow managed to get food into there. Can any of you mothers out there please explain to me how that is possible? How does a little baby manage to get more food on the floor and in their seat and in their diaper than they get in their mouths? It just baffles me!

After she was done, I enlisted Sadie's help to manage the after effects of the explosion.



Don't worry, I did wash the tray after Sadie was done with it. It's so useful to have a dog around when something like this happens. It makes cleaning up so much easier afterwards. However, I wouldn't recommend getting a dog after you already have kids. We tried that with Buddy. Not a good idea. Get the dog before you have a baby, then you have the time and energy to train it.

So, I know I'm not the only mother out there with stories like this - Cami getting food deep inside her diaper instead of in her mouth - I'd love to hear your stories too. Feel free to share! It might make me feel better. :)

1 comment:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Ummm... I don't have any stories because this is how I ALWAYS feed my children. Every meal. Okay so it's not an issue with Kate, but SHEESH Brooklyn hasn't learned how to eat food yet. Period. So this is how each meal looks for her.